Eva’s SRL Monitoring Process
Reflective Practice
Working through my SRL Monitoring process has been very time consuming and it helpful. It has helped to keep me on track. I would like to introduce students to SRL and have them engage in a monitoring process for a class project. I think this is very valuable learning tool.
Distal Goal: My distal goal is to support faculty in becoming change agents which will positively affect student learning. I want to facilitate change in one of the health programs that continues to be storming. Collaboration, caring and commitment are key elements that need to be strengthened for individuals to gain respect for one another. I will continue to evaluate and develop my leadership skills to support this goal through my own SRL.
Proximal Goal: To facilitate the development of reflective practice amongst teachers.
Rationale: If we, as educators, could gain an appreciation for how students see us; we could be better educators. One of our greatest challenges is to engage a diverse population of students with good teaching pedagogy. The implications of our actions in the classroom make a difference to our students. The disconnect amongst program staff negatively impacts the learners. The lack of cohesiveness amongst the team members creates barriers to communication which ultimately harms the quality of the program.
Monitoring Process
Task
|
Challenges
|
Progress
|
Next Steps
|
How am I feeling about this now?
|
Set Proximal Goal
|
Difficulty pinpointing my proximal goal in Module 2 but I had a clear vision of the desired outcome.
|
I have pinpointed my proximal goal that serves as a building block for organizational change.
Completed Feb 25/16
|
Continue to research critical reflection theory.
Provide evidence to support the notion that critical reflection will have a positive impact on this dysfunctional team
|
I was stumped for several days and kept going back and forth massaging the goal. I feel like I have a solid foundation and feel extremely motivated by my inquiry.
|
Research
|
I have found many useful resources including videos, articles, and textbooks. Staying on topic is challenging.
|
I have located all of my research but continue to find more.
Completed Feb 28/16
Locate images for Weebly presentation.
Complete by
March 3/16
|
Read articles and pull out key information.
|
I feel very satisfied about what I have discovered so far. I am inspired by the resources and how they relate to my problem of practice
.
|
Blog
|
The blog has helped guide my SRL process. Blogging serves as a forum for my own self reflective practice. The only challenge with this tool is the time it takes to create an insightful post.
|
Completed 3 Blog entries by Feb 28/16
Need to complete at least two more entries this week
By: March 8/16
|
Complete the Blog: Critical Reflection
Write two more Blog Posts:
One that speaks to evaluating the information from the resources.
The final blog post will reflect my final learning.
|
I feel that blogging has helped me to monitor my learning better and improve my metacognitive practices.
This topic is very dear to my heart and I endeavor to try to use my findings to facilitate change in the work environment.
|
Discussion with my learning group
|
Finding a time suitable for everyone in our learning group went fairly smoothly. No challenges.
|
Meeting is set for March 2/16
|
Meeting on March 2/16 at 8:00pm
|
I am looking forward to meeting with the group on Today’sMeet. I am sure I will gain deeper insight and significant take-aways from the conversation my team members in Group A.
|
Create Weebly
|
I do not anticipate too many challenges with creating a Weebly to showcase my final project except perhaps minimizing distractions.
|
I have created the first two slides of my Weebly presentation.
Complete Weebly by March 15/16
|
Work on Weebly every day for 30 minutes and 2 hours each day on weekend
(March 5 & 6)
|
I am happy it is break week at the college so that I have a little more quiet time this week and not so many emails to respond to in the evenings.
|
References
Brookfield, S.(1995) Becoming a critically reflective teacher. San Francisco:
Josey-Bass Publishers
No comments:
Post a Comment