Friday, 11 March 2016

Motivational!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN79-Tv5GHY

     This is one of my favourite short videos. I find it very motivational and inspirational. Richard St. John's "8 to be Great"  theory really resonates with me. Working through my inquiry I refereed back to the video I happened upon in a course I was taking a couple of years ago. Working through my SRL inquiry I was reminded of the traits St. John identified in the video. 


http://www.richardstjohn.com/content/buynow/downloads.php?p=1

Passion- is the driver behind our goals.  
Work- without  labor- nothing will change, develop, or grow
Focus-I have lost my focus several times over the last six months. Being new in my role, I've second guessed decisions and questioned my beliefs; however, I can't loose sight of my goals. 
Push- I'm an introvert so I tend to be naturally quiet. I take time to process my thoughts. Sometimes this works against me as some people perceive being introverted as a weakness. I'm an excellent listener and I have to push through my shyness. I think we all have something we need to push through in pursuit of out goals. 
Ideas- getting ideas from the world around us and sharing them with people we trust motivates us to do great work 
Improve- SRL = continuous improvement
Serve- Everyone in this course is developing  something of value that will serve others.

Persist-  I think Perseverance is key  to accomplishing anything worthwhile



 http://websiteconfetti.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Ted-Speaker-Richard-St.-John-quote-compiled-by-website-confetti.png



















No comments:

Post a Comment