http://www.abc.net.au/health/features/stories/2014/09/25/4094450.htm
My first dilemma is to set my goals. This is not a easy task for me. The following quote captured my original thoughts and feelings about the setting goals: "I hate goals!" Many of us loathe the idea of setting goals: we find them restrictive, stifling, and guilt-inducing. The mere mention of goals can raise hackles: "don't talk to me about goals", "I'd rather just get on with it."(Grant, 2014). I would much rather just get on with it, but.... I must make an overall assessment of what I want to achieve and what is realistic. Although I want to make my "big picture" problem go away; I have to consider the smaller steps to get there. It's very much like training for a half marathon. I can't just starting running and hope to make it to the finish line. I am bound to burn out and "hit a wall" and never reach my goal. I need to have a clear plan and work my way through one kilometre at time. So if I can set goals for my training, why was it challenging for me to set a goal for my SRL inquiry? I had less difficulty identifying the distal goal; however, I have been spending significant amount of time narrowing it down to my proximal goal. time pinpointing a proximal goal.
References
Grant A. (2014). ABC Health and Wellbeing. Retrieved from
http://www.abc.net.au/health/features/stories/2014/09/25/4094450.htm#artShareLinks

No comments:
Post a Comment